Stuff I would normally just share when I met you guys at the pub but distance is a bitch and so its all here in blog form.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Scrub Until Clean

A view from our old place, a view we will never see again! Read on.

I’m still discovering cool new things about the new place and I know I’ve been going on about it loads but its only because that’s all I’ve been doing. The credit for this actually goes to Liz as it was her discovery. While I was a work yesterday she re-tuned the TV in an attempt to see if we stood a better chance of getting channel five (something we haven’t had while living in Sheffield) anyway it turns out we can get five so that’s good news but what was better was the other two channels it picked up during its auto scan. Now you might expect my excitement to be based on picking up- free sky channels or maybe Playboy TV but alas no, instead we find that channels 7 and 8 on our TV are live feeds from two cameras situated by the intercom system and the front and back doors of the building. At first I thought we’d somehow hacked into the system or something but I then realised that as it was only those two cameras we’re probably meant to have them as they help you to see who’s calling your room on the intercom. Shame we haven’t got any visitors yet but I look forward to it and its made me make sure I don’t make a ass of myself by the front or back door as everyone will be able to see (if they happen to be watching at that specific time that is).

On to today and its been pretty busy. I can now happily say (oh and I do mean happily!) that we are officially moved out of our old place! I moved the remaining stuff this morning leaving the task of cleaning the place to make sure we get our deposit. I decided to go nuts on the place and do a really proper job! With the help of my friend Henry I hovered everywhere and even used Nutridol (think of it as Shake n’ Vac but a bit more manly) The carpets were in a pretty bad state in some of the corners and under the bed – its was just a build up of fluff and dust thought so Henry gobbled it all up like he hadn’t eaten in a week! Next on to the surfaces as I wiped the desks and shelves with pine cleaning finishing of with some furniture polish (like I said, I was on a mission!). The bathroom got covered in cream cleaner then scrubbed to a pearly shine. Now by this point I was starting to flag but the kitchen needed doing. I cleaned the entire fridge, removing all the trays and moulded pieces of plastic shelves, washing them before putting them back. I used a lot of sprays to make it all smell nice too. Basically I was cleaning for about 2 and half hours and got so hot after about 10 mins that I did it all without my tshirt on.

I’ve got to meet the building manager at 5 to hand over the key – should all go off without a hitch.

Just an empty shell now

Take it easy peeps

Dave

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

It always saddens me slightly to see the empty husk of what was once a well kept living space, especially when university accomodation is so fleeting, It must be all the more wierd for you guys because you were there for so long where as the rest of us were carted around the city like cheap ladies of the night. I personally never found anywhere In sheffield where I could comfortably call home, I guess it takes more than a year to get that feeling. Anyway, you look to have done a good job you domestic beast. Send more pics of the new place, I wanna see the swishness of it all.

5:07 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home